Wednesday 23 May 2012

Rebellious cross stitch

My current project is a cross stitched image of Kathleen Hanna.


I turned it into a cross stitch pattern at www.myphotocrossstich.com, and am planning to add text to the final image.  Here's a few of the quotes I've gathered:

I believe in the radical possibilities of pleasure, babe.

Rebel girl she is the queen of my world.

Art revolves around creating something that isn't there

You learn that the only way to get rockstar power as a girl is to be a groupie and bare your breasts and get chosen for the night.  We learn that the only way to get anywhere is through men.  And that is a lie

I need a short quote to go on her shirt, and more to go around the perimeter.  Any suggestions?

Complicating matters is the fact that I live at home, and my father views my feminism as personally antagonistic to him.  It's not, but  I value my relationship with him enough to try not to antagonise him.  This means that "I believe in the radical possibilities of pleasure, babe"; the quote which inspired me to undertake the project, will probably be relegated to the border.  Fortunately, he's never listened to Rebel Girl, so my allusion will not be obvious.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment